The infamous red gate casa by the sea entrance

The infamous red gate casa by the sea entrance
The infamous red gate

Friday, June 26, 2015

Randi (part 2)

Casa did their best to keep us isolated from one another, but we found ways to inconspicuously communicate. During PE, for example, we could whisper to each other without anyone hearing. We also had some pretty good non-verbal skills so we used a lot of little gestures to talk as long as the mamas weren't paying attention. We talked mostly about what our lives used to be like and all the things we planned to do once we were finally free. One of our plans was to go to a rave when we got out. Sometimes our thoughts and plans for the future were all that kept us going. 

After almost 2 years, Casa was finally going to let me go home on a 'home pass' for 4-5 days. I knew there was no way I could go back to that place. I didn't care if I had to run away and live on the street, once I left those gates I was not coming back. I told Randi I would see her again until she was out. I asked how I could find her and she said once she got out she would be living with her stepdad -Randy Leonard in El Cajon, Ca. 

No comments:

Post a Comment