The infamous red gate casa by the sea entrance

The infamous red gate casa by the sea entrance
The infamous red gate

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

The Showers

The showers are well deserving of their own post. They never really sprayed water, it was more like a trickle of either ice cold or scorching hot water. The showerheads were mounted all along the walls of a big room just like you see in prison movies except we had a little divider on each side. On the floor, there were gym mat looking things and drains and the most pubic hair and mold you've ever seen in your life! We were not allowed to shave because God forbid one of us use it to slit our wrist or something... Behind the knobs where you turn the water on, there were used bloody tampons. Girls would just take them out and shove them behind the knob instead of throwing them away. Some girls would shit in their hands and smear it all over the walls. It's true what they say.. If you treat people like animals, they start acting like animals. 

We were given 10 minutes to shower which started from the moment we walked in the bathroom to the moment we walked out so the shower itself was maybe 3 minutes. Apparently, my parents forgot to send me with a towel or a brush so for the first 2 months I was there I used a T-shirt and a small plastic comb. My hair was dreadlocked.

4 comments:

  1. I know this girl and it is terrible what she had to go thtough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep man this brings back so many crazy memories ....what a dumpster fire that school was

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I am so amazed at the Paris Hilton documentary that just came out! I watched it today and WOW it really took me back. I'm glad she's speaking up after all this time. I have felt a lot better since writing this, but her video had me in tears. So many bad memories, but so much growth to be proud of after surviving this hell hole.

      Delete